Senior Research Engineer, Computer Science
3 days left
- Full Time
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
The Centre for Smart Platform Infrastructure Research on Integrative Technology (SPIRIT) of Nanyang Technological University is a translational R&D institute funded by National Research Foundation and supported by Smart Nation Programme Office and GovTech to develop the Smart Platform Infrastructure to enable applications in Video Analytics, Wireless Sensors Network and other areas required by Singapore as a Smart Nation. Through cutting-edge systems research, SPIRIT Centre aims to enable translational efforts in data science and analytics for solving public sector challenges through innovative solutions.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the development of software platform to support Smart Nation applications.
- Data mining from massive data from documents to gain insights and identify patterns
- Design and implement artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) engines through in-depth research and experiments
- Application of AI and ML in knowledge and information retrieval (IR), relevancy ranking with spatiotemporal consideration
- Conduct “translational” research to apply the state-of-the-art solutions at scale for real world challenges
- Documentation and scientific reporting
- Mentoring junior staff
- PhD in computer science
- Minimum 5 years software development experience
- Experience and excellent research background in AI, ML, data science and related areas
- Passionate about AI-related research, innovations and their applications
- Proficient in one or more programming languages (e.g., Python, C/C++, etc.) and research packages/modules
- Experience in large-scale text processing and analytics
- Good track records in publication
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU