Senior Lecturer/Lecturer (Artificial Intelligence)
Senior Lecturer/Lecturer (Artificial Intelligence)
NUS SCALE (Executive & Professional Development Unit)
The School of Continuing and Lifelong Education (SCALE) was established to drive the expansion of NUS’ lifelong learning offerings in a concerted and strategic way that furthers our mission to be a leading global university, as well as fulfil our role as a public university of Singapore, shaping the future.
Through SCALE, working adults (i.e. professionals, managers and executives) who aspire to stay relevant and ahead of competition, companies looking to up-skill/re-skill their workforce, and even youths exploring quality tertiary education options, have access to NUS’ suite of innovative, world-class continuing and lifelong education offerings.
Drawing on unparalleled access to the multi-disciplinary expertise of 16 other NUS Faculties/Schools, SCALE offers youth, executive and professional development/education programmes, part-time and full-time degree programmes, as well as modular courses that may be taken singly or stacked towards certificates/diplomas/degrees that meet the lifelong learning needs of individuals. All programmes are designed and developed in consultation with the industry to ensure relevance and currency.
About the Role
To augment our manpower resources in the School, we are looking for a suitably qualified candidate to join our Executive and Professional Development (EPD) Unit. Reporting to the Deputy Dean, and with functional reporting to Vice Dean (EPD), the incumbent shall develop, review and deliver executive education programmes/seminars related to Artificial Intelligence (AI), Robotics, Automation, Machine Learning and Internet of Things (IoT) to professionals, managers, executives and technicians (PMETs), as well as provide support in outreach activities.
The incumbent will be emplaced at an appropriate appointment grade, based on the individual merits of the candidate.
This role is offered on a 2-year renewable contract basis; renewal is subject to satisfactory on-the-job performance of the incumbent, and demand for the assigned Programmes.
Remuneration is on a fixed 24-month salary package, with regular employee benefits such as leave, medical and insurance coverage.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Initiate, design, conduct and administer programmes, workshops and seminars as assigned
- Liaise with Content Managers and clients in determining training needs such that course materials are designed and contextualised to achieve desired learning outcomes
- Devise training strategies and create training materials, including testing and reviewing created materials
- Monitor and assess learners’ work, invigilate examinations
- Source for and harness resources for instructional technology
- Provide credible training consultancy services for SCALE’s clients
- Participate in business development, marketing and promotion activities of assigned programmes
- Research and stay current on the state of the art in artificial intelligence/data science/analytics practice
- Supervise and coach training assistants in supporting training sessions
- Carry out administrative duties as required
Academic & Professional Certification
- At least a Master’s degree in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning, or an IT-related discipline from a reputable university
Experience & Attributes
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant working experience in the teaching of adult learners, especially professionals, managers, executives and technicians (PMETs), with at least 3 years in a similar capacity
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience using open source DevOps tools and software as a service solution in the development and implementation of AI and machine learning algorithms
- Extensive AI expertise, especially in relational and probabilistic modelling, statistical learning with multimodal information, planning and reinforcement learning, and/or explainable and adaptive deep learning
- AI or deep learning work at a commercial company or industrial research lab is an added advantage
- Working domain knowledge, especially in Supply Chain, Health Care, Finance, Smart City Solutions, Cybersecurity and Advanced Manufacturing
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to present and explain difficult concepts clearly, concisely and in plain simple English
- IT savvy and proficient in information systems and data analytics
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly numerate, analytical and meticulous with strong administration skills
- Results-driven, self-motivated and highly disciplined
- Strong team player, able to work collaboratively with various stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes
- Resilient, resourceful with good problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, and thrives in a fast-paced, results-oriented and ambiguous work environment
To apply, please submit a comprehensive CV stating the expected monthly salary, together with a copy of all academic certificates, to email@example.com before August 31, 2020.
Shortlisted candidates should be prepared to complete other administrative formalities before the interviews.
Apply for Senior Lecturer/Lecturer (Artificial Intelligence)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly