Research Fellow, School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
5 days left
- Full Time
One Research Fellow position is currently available in the School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences, NTU.
The Research Fellow is expected to achieve the following tasks for this position.
- Synthesis of new optoelectronic materials
- Characterization of the synthesized materials
- Investigations into their properties
- Forging collaborations for applications into devices
- Writing of research results (as monthly reports)
- Writing of research papers and communicating them to scientific journals
- Attending conferences and giving presentations
- Lab duties concerning cleaning and safety
- Helping younger colleagues (doctoral and postdoctoral scholars) in the lab
- Teaching undergraduate students the research skills
- Contributing to the progress of the research group in general by helping other colleagues if and when they require scientific help
- A final outcome must be two research publications in high impact factor (>10) scientific journals in one year.
Besides a PhD degree, he/she should have the following experiences and skills:
- To synthesize and purify organic molecules
- To characterize organic molecules
- To carry out absorption and emission (optical) measurements
- To work in a research team
- To contribute to the lab duties
- To work safely
- To write research results
- To train younger students
- To help other colleagues in the lab
- To communicate
- To meet deadlines concerning research reports
- To forge collaborations
- To able to present
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.