Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow/Associate Professor, Gender and Women’s History
- AUSTRALIAN CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY
- Melbourne, Australia
- 18 Jun 2020
- End of advertisement period
- 19 Jul 2020
- Academic Discipline
- Arts & Humanities, History, Philosophy & Theology
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Readers / Senior Research Fellows, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term, Permanent
- Full Time
Gender and Women’s History: Early Modern-Modern period,
Academic Levels B, C and D
Australian Catholic University, Melbourne
The Australian Catholic University in Melbourne is seeking further researchers (senior, mid and early career) of outstanding achievement with expertise in gender and women's history to join its recently established research Centre within ACU’s Institute for Humanities and Social Sciences in either fixed-term (5-years) or continuing research-only positions *(see explanation note).
Please follow the following links for details:
Research Fellow Positions- https://careers.acu.edu.au/en/job/975851/research-fellow-gender-and-womens-history
Senior Research Fellow Positions -https://careers.acu.edu.au/en/job/975852/senior-research-fellow-gender-and-womens-history
Associate Professor Positions- https://careers.acu.edu.au/caw/en/job/975853/associate-professor-gender-and-womens-history
See also: https://www.acu.edu.au/research/our-research-institutes/institute-for-humanities-and-social-sciences
TheGender and Women’s History Research Centre delivers new research energy and critical visibility to the University’s core commitment to equity, diversity, accessibility, wellbeing and sustainability, by signalling the importance of gender research and the recovery of experiences of a diverse array of women and men in times past.
The research of applicants should therefore encompass gender and/or women's history, in any geo-cultural context, from the early modern period(1450) to the modern era.
Applicants should engage with at least one of the Centre's three key strands of research:
- Political and civic participation: how gender ideologies inform women and men’s participation in historic civic and political cultures.
- Global circulations:investigating the role of gender ideologies in the circulation of peoples, materials and ideas across the world.
- Environment and the natural world: how populations in times past understood their relationships to the natural world, the need to manage natural resources, and how they did so in practice, through gendered assumptions.
To apply and for further information, visit Careers at ACU – www.acu.edu.au/careers.
Applications close: Sunday 19 July2020 -11:55pm EST.
*Explanation note: The Level B positions are either fixed-term (5 years) or continuing. The Level C and D positions are continuing. Continuing, in the Australian context, means there is no end date and would normally continue until such time as the staff member resigns or retires.
More searches like this
- History, Philosophy & Theology Academic Posts jobs in Melbourne
- History, Philosophy & Theology Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Melbourne
- History, Philosophy & Theology Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Melbourne
- History, Philosophy & Theology Research Fellowships jobs in Melbourne