Executive Assistant, Office of Vice President
7 days left
- Full Time
The Office of the Vice President seeks an incumbent for the position of Executive Assistant to provide operational, administrative and protocol support on the Abu Dhabi Campus to the Vice President and areas of responsibility connected to the Vice President’s Office.
- Screens and prioritizes incoming items to ensure the Vice President and his staff are advised of current issues.
- Assists in planning and organizing visits of dignitaries to the Zayed University Abu Dhabi campus with the campus Protocol Coordinator.
- Ensures appropriate protocol is implemented when dealing with senior officials of the government, industry and higher education.
- Facilitates implementation of directives and projects requested by the Vice President or the Executive Assistant and monitors the progress of these directives or projects.
- Prepares letters, reports and speeches in Arabic for the Vice President.
- Reviews sensitive Arabic documents prepared by others to ensure accuracy and propriety.
- Maintains and confirms the Vice President’s diary in cooperation with the Administrative Officers in Dubai.
- Organizes and schedules meetings, notifies attendees of location and timing.
- Maintains an up-to-date and accurate filing system of all documents received through the Vice President’s Office in Abu Dhabi and works with the Administrative Officers in Dubai to ensure all the VP staff are made aware of the documents on a need-to-know basis.
- Uses sound judgment and tact in dealing with external and internal visitors to the Vice President’s office.
- Manages simultaneous projects ensuring timely and effective delivery.
- Works independently with limited guidance from the Executive Assistant.
- Works as a team member within the context of the broad ZU organization
- Uses discretion on confidential matters which come to the Vice President’s office.
- Builds professional relationships with senior ZU management on the Abu Dhabi campus and offices of leaders in the local business, government and UAE community in Abu Dhabi.
- Manages a diverse portfolio and workload on matters related to the Vice President’s office.
- Acts as an ambassador representing the university in situations where the Executive Assistant is the first contact with the university in Abu Dhabi or is the telephone contact with VIPs in the Abu Dhabi community.
- Carries out duties with high degree of accuracy and attention to deadlines.
- Must possess Bachelor’s Degree and at least four years of relevant administrative experience in a role at a high level of administration or an equivalent combination of educations, skills and experience.
- High degree of computer competency
- Excellent verbal and written skills in both English and Arabic
- Strong interpersonal skills
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries in the U.A.E., cash housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.