Administrative Support Officer, Admissions
Campus Location: Brisbane
Functional Unit: Tertiary Admissions Centre
Work Type: Fixed term full time
Tertiary Admissions Centre/ Student Administration, Brisbane
- A key role providing high level service and guidance to internal and external stakeholders.
- An opportunity to be an integral part of the rewarding work our Admissions teams do
- This is a five month fixed-term full time contract
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome. We've also partnered with Blacktown City Council to open a new ACU campus in Blacktown, Western Sydney, in 2021.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Student Administration Directorate supports the University’s academic decision-making processes through academic policy formulation, providing operational support for student and academic-related administrative matters, and delivering process improvement initiatives to improve the student and faculty user experience.
The Administrative Support Officer, Admissions undertakes the efficient, accurate and timely processing of all application functions in accordance with course rules and the University’s policies and procedures, as well as the rules and procedures of the Tertiary Admissions Centres. The position holder will also assist with transfer applications, and liaise with Administrative Officers to support cohort and executive entry processes, and credit transfer requests.
The Administrative Support Officer, Admissions provides high level customer service to internal and external stakeholders in relation to admission enquiries. They provide communications, guidance and support to key stakeholders within ACU – including, but not limited to Course Coordinators and Faculty officers.
More specifically the role entails:
- Utilising documented policies, procedures, timelines and systems in accordance with correct business practices to assess applicants’ eligibility for entry or transfer based on documented selection criteria
- Collaborating to provide high level administrative support in all admissions functions
- Assist the Administrative Officers in delivery of credit transfer, Executive Education administrative requirements, and partnership and conversion tasks.
- Contributing to data collection and quality assurance, checking for University publications including the ACU website; utilising high level knowledge and skills to provide instruction, advice and guidance to stakeholders.
You will need to have:
- Completion of an undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education / training with relevant work experience.
- Well-developed customer service skills, with demonstrated ability to produce accurate written work, negotiate with a wide range of people and exercise diplomacy, initiative and flexibility.
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills, with the ability to work across multiple functions to achieve effective outcomes in a timely manner and achieve targets.
- Well-developed IT skills, including Microsoft office suite, corporate and software systems and web management.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $78,101 total rem - $84,663 total rem pa, including salary component $70,462- $76,355 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 5), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to Ben Griffin on firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Applications Close: 1st Jul 2020
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.