Additive Manufacturing Core Laboratory Senior Specialist
Organization Name: Research Laboratories
The Additive Manufacturing Core Lab Senior Specialist is responsible to manage and take care of the new additive manufacturing facility that includes the EOS400-4 and a range of activities and responsibilities related to additive manufacturing R&D project development and technical business development. The Senior Specialist, Additive Manufacturing Core Lab will coordinate safety and maintenance programs to ensure compliance with all relevant policies, codes and best practices.
- Contribute to the development of the Lab's strategy, as well as annual business plans.
- Contribute to the development of the Lab's policies and procedures, in line with the overall business objectives of the University, ensuring they promote leading practices and excellence.
- Contribute to the development and management of the Lab’s budgets and report back on a timely basis to ensure that divergences are addressed promptly.
- Drive practices and metrics, which ensure that the laboratories operate in compliance with all aspects of Khalifa University Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) policies.
- Laboratory Operations
- Coordinate operational policies and procedures; work with research staff on issues that impact laboratory services.
- Coordinate and supervise the performance of routine and specialized technical procedures in assigned laboratories.
- Assist with laboratory goals and operational procedures for quality, efficiency, and waste reduction.
- Participate in planning and executing budgets, aligning with financial targets and managing projects related to additive manufacuturing.
- Ensure lab equipment is operational to the maximum extent possible and improve operations through efficient use of existing equipment.
- Monitor functionality of new equipment to ensure compliance.
- Improve lab operations through efficient use of existing equipment.
- Coordinate the installation of new equipment and maintaining the inventory of all lab equipment.
- Oversee day-to-day operation of Lab equipment, EOS M400-4, Bandsaw, Shot Peening and Heat Treatment.
- Establish and interact with the wider supply chain to ensure builds are appropriately post-processed to meet requirements.
- Work with machine stakeholders to help optimize topology and 'buildability' of components for additive manufacturing.
- Build networks within the additive manufacuturing space including developing projects and sharing responsibility for specific revenue goals related to additive manufacuturing.
- Work on designing supporting structures and manufacturing components
- Provide technical management and hands-on contributions in the core technology areas of additive manufacuturing.
- Provide accurate estimates for cost, quantity and build time for potential production components
- Own and implement machine maintenance schedules and up-keep of the lab.
- Create detailed manufacturing documents associated with the operation of the additive manufacturing machines.
- Trouble shoot and problem solve issues associated with manufacturing difficulties.
- Perform analytical, mechanical and metrological measurements on printed components.
- Uphold good communication with machine manufacturer to ensure overall equipment efficiency is maintained.
- Resource management
- Assist in the determination of fiscal requirements and in the preparation of budgetary recommendations, including recommending capital equipment expenditures, ensuring appropriate resource levels, and complying with organizational expenditure requirements.
- Supervise and manage the inventory of commonly used lab supplies, maintenance parts and any other items related to research lab operations.
- Evaluate technical requirements based on bids received from potential vendors for purchase of lab equipment.
- Ensure information on the lab website is kept up to date, including all training schedules, equipment schedules and equipment descriptions.
- Guide the faculty and researchers on the purchase of consumables and accessories for equipment.
- Research Services
- Contribute to the continued innovation and development of the lab research program.
- Maintain liaison with investigators, research personnel and staff to solve specific operating problems and improve technical activities.
- Manage the input of all stakeholders to create an efficient build schedule that satisfies all requirements.
- Work with other team members to successfully meet the requirements of stakeholders efficiently and effectively.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities related to the operations of the Research Labs department.
- Ensure coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
- Provide coaching, guidance and mentoring as required to enhance the internal capabilities of the team and ensure the achievement of established objectives and plans.
- Recommend appropriate training courses as per the pre-determined training needs, evaluate their effectiveness, and monitor their results.
- Carry out performance appraisals for subordinates according to planned schedules and recommend necessary actions as per the applied practices.
- Conduct periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly.
- Follow-up on employees' administrative affairs such as vacations, leaves and other administrative and related affairs.
A Masters’ Degree in an Engineering related field.
- A minimum 7 years of relevant experience.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
How To Apply
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)
Apply for Additive Manufacturing Core Laboratory Senior Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly