Postdoctoral Fellow, Physics at Khalifa University
Organization Name: Physics Khalifa University
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology (KU) combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), the Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR) and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
Since the Postdoctoral, experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- The Postdoctoral Research Fellow will assist in setting up and testing new equipment, perform 1D and 2DNMR measurements.
- The successful candidate is expected to conduct high quality research, collect and analyze data, and will draft papers to be submitted to high impact scientific journals.
- Applications are invited for a postdoctoral research position to work on topics related to water and ionic liquids in confined geometries of hydrophobic, such as carbon nanotubes and hydrophilic silica based materials using NMR spectroscopy. Equipment locally available are two broker NMR systems (400 MHz and 500 MHz). In addition, we have access to four solid state multinuclear broadband NMR spectrometers in the frequency range (5 - 800 MHz), (9.4 Tesla, 4.7 Tesla (two), and 2.35 Tesla) and a resistive electromagnet (0- 2 T) through research collaboration. Various types of cryostats and ovens are available to perform NMR experiments in the temperature range 1.6K-1000K.
- The Postdoctoral Fellow would assist in mentoring and training graduate and senior undergraduate students in their research.
- PhD in physics, chemistry, materials science, or a related field.
PhD in physics, chemistry, materials science, or a related field. (preferably, 1-2 years of
postdoctoral research NMR experience)
- The successful applicant must have a completed PhD in physics, chemistry, materials science,
- or a related field (preferable, 1-2 years of postdoctoral research experience) with peerreviewed publications in the relevant field
- Demonstrated a track-record in setting up NMR experiments.
- Expertise in NMR techniques in liquid and solid states (MAS, line-shape analysis, diffusion
- merriments, 1H and 1D 2H and 2D experiments) and knowledge in Software for NMR data
- The main topic of this project is study of water-surface interactions inside nano-confinements
- of hydrophobic (CNTs) and hydrophilic (silica materials using NMR. Therefore, hands on
- experiments related to these topics are important.
- The candidate should be able to collect, process data and interpret NMR results and has the
- ability to develop new experiments.
- The duties include assisting in mentoring and training graduate and senior undergraduate students in their research.
- Some travelling abroad might be required to perform some NMR measurements.
How To Apply
Please attach CV and Research Interest Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Apply for Postdoctoral Fellow, Physics at Khalifa University
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly