Executive Assistant A
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Job Description Summary
The Executive Assistant (EA) to the Chairman of Psychiatry will have a multifaceted position serving as the major support person to the Chairman and the senior point person for projects initiated by the Chairman. The EA will organize, facilitate and supervise all activities in Chairman's office. This will include, but not be limited to, coordination of the Chairman’s calendar scheduling to ensure meetings start and stop on time, as well as ensuring all correspondence, written materials, emails are prepared in a timely manner for review and distribution to meet all deadlines. The EA will also triage a high volume of phone calls and maintain the department's database. The EA will serve as the liaison and representative between the Department of Psychiatry and the Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Health System, University of Pennsylvania and others. The EA will also coordinate faculty recruitment efforts.
- Organize, facilitate and supervise all functions in Chair’s office including scheduling, handling large volume of phone calls, emails and correspondence. Act as the face of the Chairman, intercepting and resolving issues as appropriate.
- Calendar scheduling for Chairman; tracking, scheduling, coordination, and agenda planning for monthly, quarterly and annual departmental meetings, including research day. Schedule and plan national and international travel to scientific meetings for the Chairman.
- Manage Forensics' program; interface with law firms; market available services, manage accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Facilitate and assist in APA accreditation process.
- Collect, research and maintain information for use in preparing departmental reports and presentations.
- Facilitate faculty recruitment.
- Draft memos and letters for Chairman and review materials for Chairman approval.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience with 5-7 years of experience providing administrative support to senior management, preferably in a University academic medicine environment or Health System environment or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Perelman School of Medicine
$50,684.00 - $91,232.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.