Full/Associate/Assistant Professor in Center for Language Education
Southern University of Science and Technology, China (SUSTech)
Center for Language Education Faculty Positions – English Language
The Center for Language Education (CLE) at Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) invites applications for instructors to teach English to a diverse range of SUSTech students (undergraduate and postgraduate). SUSTech is a young public university located in Shenzhen, China, near Hong Kong. The primary languages of instruction at the university are Chinese and English.
The mission of the Center for Language Education (CLE) is to foster SUSTecher’s capacity of English and other foreign languages through various language programs and to contribute to the internationalization of SUSTech. CLE is dedicated to offering high-quality teaching and the best possible opportunities for foreign language attainment by providing a sustainable multi-dimensional language learning environment. The Center is rapidly expanding and has a great need for teachers with insight and experience in English language teaching.
- Teaching academic listening, speaking, reading, and writing at various levels;
- Providing training for graduate students and faculty members in using English as an instructional language;
- Providing training for the administrative staff to develop English competency;
- Curriculum, assessment and materials development;
- Participating in department meetings or program support activities as needed.
- Candidates must have a masters or doctorate degree in TESOL, TEFL, Linguistics, Applied Linguistics or related field;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience teaching English at the college/university level;
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: EAP, curriculum development, ESP for STEM, assessment, teacher training, academic writing, educational technology;
- Experience living/teaching abroad highly desirable;
- For applicants with a doctorate degree, evidence of research publication in the field of English language education.
Conditions of Employment
Employees in this job title are subject to the terms and conditions of an employment contract. Employment contracts are typically subject to review and renewal on an annual basis. SUSTech provides competitive compensation which includes salary, medical insurance, subsidized housing and other benefits.
Send CV, cover letter, contact details of 3 referees, scanned copies of academic qualifications and any other supporting materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the positions are filled, with an expected start date in August 2020.
More searches like this
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Academic Posts jobs in China
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Professors / Chairs jobs in China
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in China
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in China