Research Fellow, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine
7 days left
- Full Time
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine invites applications for:
Research Fellow in the Laboratory of Professor Helen Smith
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKC Medicine), a joint medical school between Imperial College London and Nanyang Technological University (NTU), invites applications for the position of Research Fellow in the Family Medicine and Primary Care team (FMPC), led by Professor Helen Smith.
We are seeking an experienced Research Fellow in a health related discipline (such as public health, health-related social sciences, psychology or nursing). This post will focus on the ‘Patients’ Responses to Gout’ study which is looking at the patient journey from symptoms to management and the implications for Primary Care in Singapore. The research has been funded under the NMRC’s Organisation of Healthcare Resources and Patient Outcomes theme.
The successful candidate will have expertise in qualitative research methods, and be competent in all stages of the research process, from study preparation (e.g. grant applications, ethics submission, preparation of study documents, etc), study recruitment, data collection, data analysis, study data storage to study completion, and dissemination. The post holder should also be familiar with local ethics application processes, International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) Good Clinical Practice (GCP) E6 and the Human Biomedical Research Act (HBRA) guidelines.
- Overall project management, e.g. ensuring the study is running in accordance to projected timelines, that all study information is properly documented etc.
- Coordinating study team meetings; preparing agendas and minutes
- Coordinating the Advisory Group; preparing agendas and minutes
- Assisting in tracking and monitoring study finances
- Developing and maintaining project data storage, retrieval and handling procedures in accordance with LKCMedicine requirements and the procedures approved through ethical review
- Establishing and maintaining positive links with key stakeholders, e.g. clinical colleagues in primary care, polyclinics and hospital settings
- Recruiting research participants, including liaison with clinical colleagues in primary care, polyclinics and hospital settings
- Refining recruitment strategies as circumstances change
- Organizing and carry out data collection
- Coordinating and contributing to the development of the analysis plan and to the analysis
- Contributing to dissemination including:
- Writing reports and papers for publication in peer-review journals, and for clinical and lay audiences
- Presenting research findings at conferences
- Participating fully in the intellectual life of the department, including research seminars, staff meetings, workshops, conference organisation etc.
- Co-ordinating the submission of a research proposal for external funding, informed by the findings of the current study
Skills and Qualifications:
- PhD in a health related discipline
- Ability to write and edit for lay and scientific audiences
- Communicate effectively across a wide range of audiences
- Experience of qualitative data analysis and Nvivo data management software
- Ability to review and synthesize scientific literature
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Familiarity with the Singapore Health Care System
- Familiarity with research governance, data management and ethics approval procedures
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- At least 2 years post-doctoral research experience in running clinical trials or healthcare related studies, grant applications and ethics submissions
- Experience in writing study protocols, participant information leaflets, consent forms etc.
- Experience in conducting literature reviews
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If you are interested to pursue a career with the School, please apply via APPLY NOW by clicking on the button below and submitting your cover letter, CV and names/ contact details of two references. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.