Research Assistant, LKCMedicine
NTU Novena Campus, Singapore
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine invites applications for:
Research Assistant in the Laboratory of Assistant Professor Yusuf Ali.
A Research Assistant position is available in the laboratory of Assistant Professor Yusuf Ali to ensure the inventories, safety documents and ethical permits are up to date.
To ensure smooth daily operation of a research laboratory.
- Laboratory Organization and Leadership
- In-charge of procurement, lab organization and replenishment of materials, and safety. To ensure that the productivity of the lab remains high by ensuring that staff and students work in an optimal research environment. Assist PI with all administrative matters in the lab including managing of finances such as student bench fees.
- Inventories and SOPs, IACUC amendments
- To maintain collated inventories of the various materials (such as primers, antibodies, cell lines and enzymes) used in the lab. Risk Assessments (RAs) and Biological Project Numbers (BPNs) – registration of projects with NTU’s Safety Dept.
- Knowledge on histology methods and assist with IHC/IF related experiments.
- To support/guide fellow colleagues/students in their experimental procedures relating to tissue collection, cryo sectioning and IHC/IF staining. Ability to operate a confocal machine to additionally support and guide colleagues in imaging of the stained samples using the confocal microscope such as the Leica SP8 and the Zeiss LSM800 systems.
- [Preferable but not required] Animal husbandry and maintenance.
- Including record keeping of the research animal colony and update of project schedules based on the availability of the various required strains.
- BSc (with honours) in a biology-related field. Knowledge of immunohistochemistry/ immunofluorescence will be a plus. Comfortable working with small animals.
- Good communication skills, especially English.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Willingness to learn new techniques.
- Adaptable in a rapidly changing research environment.
Hiring Institution: LKC