Senior Research Fellow, Experimental Power Grid Centre
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
- You will be part of a dynamic research team working at the Experimental Power Grid Centre, a megawatt-scale (MW) grid facility that is one of the largest facilities in this region. The centre has a comprehensive range of generation sources, energy storage systems, and loads, which allows equipment manufacturers and system integrators to test out their technology or configuration at actual power before deployment.
- This role will involve the design, modelling and simulation of new electricity market applications (e.g. demand side management), to maximise potential market return and evaluate new business models.
- You will be working closely with industry partners and the regulator to understand their needs, refine the solution and deliver relevant project KPIs within the project timeline.
- You are expected to keep abreast of global developments in the energy domain (e.g. micro-grid, energy storage, renewables), and translate its implications to the design of the market application.
- You will also be required to organise periodic meetings to drive progress, report and present project status, prepare detailed technical reports, conduct market scans/interviews and develop proposals for future work.
- Candidate should have a good PhD in electrical engineering, power systems or related field. Candidates with excellent Masters or Bachelor degrees, complemented with relevant working experience may be considered.
- He/she should have strong analytical, communication (written and verbal), coordination, and negotiation skills. Able to manage multiple stakeholders (external and internal) and work under tight timelines.
- Proficiency in programming language such as C/C++, Python or Matlab.
- Proficiency in power system modelling and simulation such as PowerFactory, Matlab/Simulink, Power System Simulator for Engineering or Power Systems CAD.
- Relevant experience in the electricity market operations and economic dispatch is an advantage
Hiring Institution: NTU