Research Fellow in Chemistry
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
Applicants should have a strong materials chemistry or polymer chemistry science background, with experience in formulation development, and/or rheology. Other desirable qualifications include laboratory experience in synthesis and characterization of polyesters, acrylates, and/or elastomeric materials. Experience with dynamic mechanical analysis preferred but not necessary as long as the applicant is keen to learn skills related to material characterization. We look for applicants who show initiative, and are highly motivated and dynamic. The successful applicant will work in a research group comprising postdoctoral fellows, PhD students and faculty members who are actively engaged in surface and molecular engineering for biomedical applications.
- 3-5 years of academic/industrial research experience in related areas is highly recommended
- Completed PHD in Materials Science / Polymer Chemistry / Organic Chemistry or equivalent;
- Experience in ring opening, free radical, or other polymerization techniques.
- Familiar with polymer characterization techniques such as GPC, XPS, NMR, FTIR
- Knowledgeable in both natural and/or synthetic biomaterials
- An independent, resourceful and self-motivated personality
- Strong record of publishing and project management
- Good command of oral and written English
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU