Research Associate, Energy Research Institute
6 days left
- Full Time
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
Energy Research Institute at NTU (ERIAN) is seeking for candidates the position of research associate with strong knowledge on automotive engineering, power train technologies and vehicle energy storage systems who can perform comprehensive behavior and life cycle assessment and modelling of electric and autonomous vehicles. The candidates are expected to have working knowledge and hands-on experience on electric vehicles and related power and energy systems modeling. He/she must be able to perform analogue experiments in the laboratory. The tasks involve quantitative analysis of energy performance of electric autonomous vehicles based on elaborate real time data collection and modelling.
The successful candidate will work in a vibrant environment with state-of-the-art laboratory and with a team of multi-disciplinary researchers and scientists.
- Work on electric autonomous vehicle modeling and characterization and perform energy and life assessment.
- Perform in-vehicle data collection and analytics.
- Hands-on experience in simulation model and data acquisition.
- Data modelling for the real time driving scenarios and validation of the vehicle simulation model using the driving data.
- Working knowledge on Robotic Operating Systems (ROS) is desired.
- Perform cost analysis and business case for the new technologies in electric autonomous vehicles and their energy storage system.
- MSc in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with background in automotive engineering or energy storage management or power train development for electric vehicles.
- Strong technical skills in thermal modeling, battery characterization and life cycle assessment.
- Deep knowledge and working experience in the use of MATLAB and other simulation tools such as Simulink, AmeSIM, and ANSYS, FLUENT or other related software.
- Experience in data collection using DAQ tools, data analytics and data modelling.
- Experience in handling electric vehicle diagnostics and sensor installation.
- Knowledge on vehicle CAN, OBD and ROS is desired.
- Experience in programming languages (C, C++) and scripting languages (R, Python) is an advantage.
Hiring Institution: NTU