Research Associate, Advanced Manufacturing Process
3 days left
- Full Time
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering invites applications for the position of Research Associate.
The Research Associate will work on projects related to advanced manufacturing, surface and sub-surface enhancement technologies. The roles of this position include:
- Lead a multi-disciplined and cross functional engineering team to enable successful delivery of projects
- Create roadmap and strategy for the development of advanced surface and sub-surface enhancement technologies
- Provide subject matter expertise for surface finishing, laser peening, deep cold rolling, dynamic mechanical testing and process digitalization
- Responsible and accountable for deep scientific understanding of the relationship between materials, process, properties and final product in manufacturing projects
- Responsible for grouping of a set of tasks and objectives to the work requirements in cross-functional discipline to develop or deliver a compliant product or service right the first time
- High level of collaboration with research institutes, university technology centers, and business units to identify and develop projects that are aligned with the product technology roadmap to enable pull through strategies for the research work to industrialization.
- Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Strong understanding in manufacturing science, surface finishing, static & dynamic mechanical testing, and process characterization
- Expertise in new advanced manufacturing process development, precision engineering, surface finishing, peening, and digitalization techniques
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, teamwork, and organizational skills
- Proven track record of contributing to organization success
- Tenacity and energy in leading cross-functional teams in a productive work environment
- Excellent judgmental and decision-making skills to achieve the desired results in manufacturing projects
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU