NTU Main Campus, Singapore
School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences is currently looking for a Project Officer who will support the project with the fabrication of the perovskite-metamaterial photonic devices for the MOE Tier 2 project “Revolutionary Perovskites versus silicon for extremely low power, ultrafast active micro-nanophotonics”.
The candidate will be tasked to prepare perovskite nanomaterials and conduct ultrafast optical spectroscopy studies on them. He is also required to perform data analysis and data interpretation and assist the PI in the supervision and mentoring of graduate students.
- Excellent knowledge in chemical synthesis, optics, photophysics of semiconductors, charge and quasi-particle dynamics, charge transfer mechanisms, femtosecond lasers, and femtosecond laser spectroscopy is essential. A written and oral test of the candidate’s technical competency of femtosecond lasers, photophysics concepts, and ultrafast optical spectroscopy basics will be conducted during the interview.
- Excellent knowledge in the optical characterization of semiconductor materials (including nanostructures) which includes transient spectroscopy (pump-probe, time-resolved PL), and nonlinear spectroscopy (z-scan and multiphoton spectroscopy).
- Candidate must possess at least a BSc 1st Class/2nd Class Upper Honours Degree in Physics or Chemistry or Chemical Sciences.
- Critical Requirement: Candidate must have a Minimum 3 Years of Research Experience in Ultrafast Lasers and Ultrafast Laser Spectroscopy of semiconductor materials.
- Critical Requirement: Candidate must also have a Minimum 3 Years of Research Experience in the study of photophysics in semiconductor systems.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU