Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
We are seeking a Lab Manager with a background in Drosophila genetics and neurobiology. The successful candidate will be responsible for ordering supplies, performing genetic crosses, and assisting with basic research experiments involving molecular biology, neuroanatomy, and behavior.
- Supervise the maintenance of all fly stocks in the lab.
- Conduct sequences of genetic crosses to create new fly lines.
- Perform routine molecular biological procedures.
- Process tissue and image for neuroanatomical data collection.
- Order supplies and chemicals for the lab.
- B.S. (or higher).
- Knowledge of basic molecular biology and genetics.
- Two or more years of experience working with Drosophila or other genetic model system.
- Experience operating a confocal microscope.
- Experience using Image J.
- Experience with microdissection.