Associate Director, Pre‐Award
Organization Name Research Services
The Associate Director, Pre‐Award is responsible for directing the externally funded programs, through
implementing leading practices in research contract management and risk mitigation.
- Manage and implement the University research contract management framework covering the
- complete contracting cycle: proposal preparation, review and approval, proposal submission,
- agreement negotiation, and account setup, including effective management of sub‐contracts.
- Responsible for developing guidelines for agreement clauses, and negotiating and finalizing
- research contracts with external partners.
- Manage and oversee the implementation of efficient policies and procedures of contract
- administration throughout all stages.
- Develop procedures to ensure faculty are performing on external projects including monitoring
- research progress reports and coordination financial reports.
- Work with industrial engagement team to ensure smooth transition from pre‐proposal and
- discussion phase, into realized research agreements within priority areas of research.
- Prepare, coordinate and submit grant application in a timely and compliant manner.
- Review, edit and approve all grant proposals/applications for submission prior to final approval.
- Assist faculty in the development and submission of proposal budgets that comply with sponsor
- policies, rules and regulation.
- Ensure that indirect cost rates and any cost sharing allowances are in line with Khalifa University
- Negotiate contract and grant awards with sponsors and ensure full execution of all contracts in a
- timely manner.
- Serve as an institutional liaison to sponsoring agencies for funded projects, including negotiation
- of budgetary and contract revision.
- Ensure the required reports are submitted appropriately and on time with complete project
- closeout and final reporting.
- Expand, manage and diversify the portfolio of external funding opportunities.
- Provide faculty and staff with information regarding external funding opportunities.
- Ensure adherence to the University's information security policies and procedures, and report
- breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Ensure coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and
- responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by Line Manager.
- Provide coaching, guidance and mentoring as required to enhance the internal capabilities of the
- team and ensure the achievement of established objectives and plans.
- Recommend appropriate training courses as per the pre‐determined training needs, evaluate their
- effectiveness, and monitor their results.
- Carry out performance appraisals for subordinates according to planned schedules and
- recommend necessary actions as per the applied practices.
- Conduct periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is
- running smoothly.
- Follow‐up on employees' administrative affairs such as vacations, leaves and other administrative
- and related affairs.
A Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- A minimum 12 years of relevant experience.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
How To Apply
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).
Apply for Associate Director, Pre‐Award
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly