Postdoc/Assistant Professor for Department of Histology and Embryology
The Dean of Medical Faculty, Masaryk University, invites applications for the position of Postdoc / Assistant Professor for Department of Histology and Embryology
In the last decade, the Department of Histology and Embryology has been focusing on stem cell research, regenerative medicine, and cell and tissue engineering. This research focus not only has clear medical significance, but it also fits courses taught and guaranteed by the department, namely the „Histology and Embryology” and „Oral histology” courses. To foster its research and teaching activities, the department now builds its team with a demand for all the members to actively contribute to research in the area of biology of stem/progenitor cells and their biomedical applications.
- Research activities: cooperation on research activities of the department, specifically on the utilization of stem cells in the study of developmental processes and pathogenesis or development of the new approaches in regenerative medicine.
- Teaching Master programmes: teaching and responsibility for “Oral histology course”.
- Teaching PhD programmes: cooperation on teaching courses guaranteed by the department, supervision of PhD candidates
- PhD in morphological discipline, ideally in Histology and Embryology
- Excellent publication history – international publications expected
- Ability to make research independently
- Experience in supervision of students
- Experience with working in international consortia (English fluency expected)
- High motivation and willingness to cooperate with other teams
- Capability to secure your research funding
- International work experience or PhD attained abroad
- Demonstrable international cooperation in the field of molecular biology - previous experience with international project and research/teaching activities
- Experience with animal models and with designing experimental projects
- Proper orientation in the field of Histology and embryology
- Experience with modern imaging methods
- Work in an inspiring intellectual environment with an emphasis on multi-disciplinary cooperation
- Work in the facility with high credit in the Czech Republic and abroad, with the possibility of further development of such cooperation
- Opportunities for education, training and career development
- Competitive salary conditions and employee benefits
Applications together with a structured CV, photocopies of qualification papers and diplomas, an overview of scientific and publishing activities and two references should be sent to the HR Department via e-Application (see below). More information on +420 549 49 4156 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org