Senior Technical Officer
- Full Time
- Fixed term, full time position to December 2022
- Based at the Melbourne campus in the Health Brain and Mind Research Centre
- Key role within a high-quality research team at ACU
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome. We've also partnered with Blacktown City Council to open a new ACU campus in Blacktown, Western Sydney, in 2021.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Healthy Brain and Mind Research Centre aims to advance knowledge critical to improving mental health, performance and well-being. Mental health and developmental disorders have significant negative impacts upon the mortality and social participation of the most vulnerable members of the community and are among the most urgent global challenges of the 21st century.
The Senior Technical Officer will join a high-quality research team. The role will provide high-level technical support to researchers in the Neuroscience of Addiction and Mental Health Program.
More specifically the role entails:
- Designing and implementing automated pipelines for processing of behavioral and multimodal MRI data using relevant software (e.g. SPM, FSL, Matlab, Python) etc
- Computer programming and use of technical equipment to run neuroscientific experiments
- Providing technical expertise for the operation and maintenance of equipment for neuroimaging and cognitive testing.
You will need to have:
- Completion of an undergraduate qualification with relevant research and or technical experience.
- Demonstrated computer programming experience (e.g. with MATLAB, Python, C, C++) to enable reliable cognitive and neuroimaging testing
- Evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- A strong track record and interest in using multimodal neuroimaging methods, techniques and relevant software (e.g. Freesurfer, MRTrix, SPM / FSL)
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $103,134 - $111,621 pa, including salary component $87,149 - $94,321 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 7), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to Dr Valentina Lorenzetti, Senior Lecturer via email on firstname.lastname@example.org and via phone on 03 9230 8088.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Applications Close: Monday 6 July 2020; 11:55 pm EST
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.