Research Fellow, Asian School of the Environment
The Asian School of the Environment (ASE) invites applications for the position of Research Fellow (Post-doc) who will work with Prof. David Wardle’s research group. The work will be overseen in collaboration with Dr. Matthew Scott Luskin and funded by Singapore’s National Parks Board (NParks).
The Research Fellow will be responsible for (i) leading the collection and analysis of field data described above, (ii) food-web analyses of wildlife communities in Singapore’s various nature parks (iii) comparative analyses of Singaporean rainforest food-webs to other sites in Southeast Asia, (iii) comparative analyses of fenced exclusion studies, and (iv) seeing this work through to publication in major research journals. There will be assistance from one full-time Research Assistant and from NParks staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement fieldwork on wildlife ecology
- Data management and statistical analyses
- Work effectively with NParks and project PIs
- Mentor junior colleagues, as needed
- Writing and publication of results in peer-reviewed journals
Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- PhD degree in ecology or closely related field, preferably with a focus on wildlife
- Fieldwork experience in forested ecosystems, and preferably in the tropics
- Experience with statistical analysis with R
- Prior experience in publishing in peer-reviewed scientific journals
Key Competency Requirements:
- Logical thinking and creative problem solving is essential
- Ability to work independently to develop research projects and execute fieldwork in tropical rainforest
- Self-driven, highly motivated, collaborative, with interest to work with other researchers and scientists (team player) to produce high-quality and impactful research
- Interest in the field of wildlife ecology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, full CV and names and contact details of three referees in one document. Please note that only shortlisted candidates would be notified.