6 days left
- Full Time
Singapore is known globally for its use of technology to create a sustainable model for water management and Nanyang Technological University (NTU) has been at the forefront of Singapore's R&D effort in environmental and clean water technologies.
Recently ranked as among the world's top 9 notable water research foundations, NTU's Nanyang Environment and Water Research Institute (NEWRI), a key component of NTU's Sustainable Earth Peak of Excellence, has performed research and translated its interdisciplinary research outcomes into industry and community development applications since its inception in 2008.
We are looking for 1 highly motivated and enthusiastic Researcher to join our Research Centre.
- Analysis of water sample from water reclamation process
- Carry out batch experiment to understand the potential inhibition factors
- Identify the recalcitrant compounds that are closely related to inhibitory behaviours
- Set-up and monitor the performance of lab-scale reactor
- Investigate the effect of nitrogen removal efficiency in anammox process
- Monitor AOB and anammox bacteria activity
- Propose mitigation strategy for possible inhibition on AOB/anammox activities
- Validate the strategy in lab-scale system
- Possess PhD or master degree in Environmental Science/engineering or related disciplines
- Experience in AOB and anammox process, a good understanding of monitoring bacterial activity, and the ability to analyse the data and propose possible mitigation strategies
- Experience in operating biological reactors
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit
- Minimum 1 year of experience