2 days left
- Full Time
Resolves network-related problems on a daily basis.
- Configures, tests, and maintains LAN/WAN equipment and related services
- Design, install and configure the entire Wireless and Wired Network Infrastructure of the university campus.
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves network problems.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks.
- Maintain and support University’s LAN/WAN environmen
- Analyzes complex data, voice or video network documentation and communicates to senior management regarding the current operational status of networks.
- Determines methods and procedures to be implemented and used on the most complex new technologies to enhance performance.
- In support of change management within the data center, provides high quality network documentation to the Help Desk (Logical and Physical layouts) of all UAE University sites.
- Participates to execution of networking projects: (Site visits, Preparing Request for Proposal, RFQ, technical evaluation, installation, implementation and commissioning).
- Installs and configures wireless networks across various campuses of the university
- Upgrades networks and provides high level of support at all times.
- Ensures LAN / WAN continuing functionality by using network monitoring and management tools.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving of structured cabling systems.
- Research Network monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for ongoing support and maintenance of wired and wireless networks in all housing units (Hostels) for the students of the university.
- Campus wide Wireless Infrastructure monitoring, support and tuning assistance.
- Maintains up to date network documentation
- Responsible to adhere with all information security policies and procedures of the University.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree required in Computer Engineering/Science
- At least 1 qualification/certification such as CCNA or JNCIA with one major manufacturer like Cisco, Juniper.
- 2-3 years of experience in a networking position.
- Knowledge of Network configuration (Routing Protocols, VLAN, LAN/WAN protocols; Wireless networks)
- Knowledge of Switching and routing fundamentals.
- Basic Knowledge of Passive structured cabling systems.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Good Communication & Report Writing Skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a fast paced work environment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as required, should be available 24/7 on call in case of major services outage.
- Knowledge of IT service management principles would be beneficiary..
Division Information Technology Division-CIO
Department Network & Info. Security Unit
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Staff
Salary 7000 to 18000 AED