Human Resources Manager
Full-time continuing contract based in Darwin
Menzies School of Health Research is one of Australia’s leading medical research institutes dedicated to improving Indigenous, global and tropical health. Menzies has a history of over 30 years of scientific discovery and public health achievement. Menzies works at the frontline, joining with partners across the Asia-Pacific as well as Indigenous communities across northern and central Australia.
About the position:
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated HR professional to join our Corporate Service team at an exciting time as we shape our success for the future.
You will have the opportunity to utilise your vast HR skills and experience to develop HR strategy, lead organisational change projects, provide expert advice and enable contemporary HR initiatives and processes that support our workforce and enhance service delivery across our organisation.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the main responsibilities of this position include:
- Design, implement, champion, monitor and refine Menzies Workforce Plan, focusing on talent recruitment and retention, career and succession planning, staff development, cultural competency, safety and respect.
- Alongside key stakeholders, play a lead role in the design, implementation, championing, monitoring and refining of Menzies Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment and Career Development Strategy.
- Champion equity and diversity initiatives, and design, implement, monitor and refine processes and practices that enable a safe, supportive culture and environment for staff.
- Manage, lead, develop and mentor the HR team, including fostering a team culture of high performance to deliver positive organisational outcomes and meet key strategic targets.
- Oversee the effective delivery of all HR functions including recruitment, selection, probation, training and development, performance management, payroll, grievance and case management, workers compensation and industrial relations including enterprise bargaining.
- Provide leadership, direction and co-ordination in relation to the development and implementation of effective Human Resource Management strategies to enhance Menzies capability and support its strategic targets and imperatives.
- Provide high level expert and professional advice, support and solutions to the Senior Executive on complex HR and Industrial Relations issues and contribute significantly to the culture and leadership of Menzies.
- Design, implement and continually refine the HR reporting framework, providing analysis, insight and recommendations to guide practices that support positive, strategic outcomes.
- Play a key role in the enterprise bargaining process with staff and Unions for the negotiation and renewal of Menzies Enterprise Agreement.
- Develop, monitor and review Menzies HR policies, practices and procedures, ensuring they support desired outcomes, appropriately reduce or mitigate risk, and are modern, efficient and effective for the organisation.
- Ensure compliance with the Menzies Enterprise Agreement, Workplace Health and Safety obligations and any other relevant legislation and develop policies and procedures to reduce risk.
The successful candidate:
The successful candidate will be a high performing professional with strong leadership abilities and a passion for excellence. With a demonstrated track record in developing and implementing contemporary HR strategies and initiatives, you will have strong inter-personal, communication and negotiation skills and enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
You will be passionate and creative in developing strategies, initiatives and processes that increase the leadership and representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples employed across Menzies, and enable the equal participation, advancement and representation of staff regardless of gender.
Essential skills and experience:
- Post graduate qualifications in Human Resources or other relevant field.
- Significant experience in senior human resource roles with demonstrated ability and experience in strategic, conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Superior ability to drive reform processes, develop and implement effective policies and programs and achieve long term sustainable changes that are aligned with organisational strategic direction.
- High level leadership skills with a strong outcomes focus, and ability to foster strategic relationships.
- Demonstrated understanding and awareness of relevant Workplace Health and Safety and Equal Opportunity principles and legislation along with a commitment to leading a healthy and safe workplace for all Menzies staff, students, volunteers and visitors.
What we offer:
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Option to increase super to 14%
- $150,880 - $161,361 salary package (comprising gross salary $120,643 - $129,837pa, superannuation and salary packaging benefits).
Closing date: 12 July 2020
Contact: Esther Miller on 08 8946 8408 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
Applicants are required to address the selection criteria.For information on how to apply for this position and to obtain the Position Description and Selection Criteria please visit http://careers.menzies.edu.au/ or phone 08 89468626.