6 days left
- Full Time
Organization Name Khalifa University
Marketing and Communication
The Manager, Communication is responsible for conceptualizing, planning, and implementing the University's internal and external communications. The Manager will help deliver consistent messages through effective communication channels in order to establish an understanding between the University and its stakeholders.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of the Department's strategy, as well as annual business plans.
- Contribute to the development of the Department's policies and procedures, in line with the overall
- business objectives of the University, ensuring they promote leading practices and excellence.
- Contribute to the development and management of the Department’s budgets and report back on a timely basis to ensure that divergences are addressed promptly.
- Manage the day-to-day internal and external communications activities of the University including public relations, social media, digital and corporate communications, content and editorial development, email distribution and ad-hoc reporting.
- Create, implement and measure the success of a comprehensive communications strategy and tactical plan that will enhance the University's image and position within the UAE, GCC and internationally.
- Ensure to review existing communications by the University's functions and recommend and implement changes to maximize impact, when required.
- Manage the development process of communication materials for other departments by providing editing support and advice (i.e. Research publication editorial support).
- Coordinate the University's communication through a wide-range of channels to ensure ease of access, clarity and consistency.
- Coordinate and act as the University's representative for media inquiries on all disciplines within communications and public relations.
- Oversee media interest in the University and maintain links and relationships with target media outlets to facilitate good communication and appropriately respond to media requests.
- Oversees the strategic implementation of communication programs to ensure a smooth and productive relationship with media practitioners both internationally and within the region.
- Work cooperatively and engage with stakeholders, such as community organizations for communications support.
- Manage the development of creative briefs for all communication initiatives that include clear objectives, timelines and deliverables for internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure that communication outputs are of a high standard, respond to the needs of the target audience and are delivered within agreed budget.
- Ensure adherence to the University's information security policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly. Ensure coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by Line Manager.
- Provide coaching, guidance and mentoring as required to enhance the internal capabilities of the team and ensure the achievement of established objectives and plans.
- Recommend appropriate training courses as per the pre-determined training needs, evaluate their effectiveness, and monitor their results.
- Carry out performance appraisals for subordinates according to planned schedules and recommend necessary actions as per the applied practices.
- Conduct periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly.
- Follow-up on employees' administrative affairs such as vacations, leaves and other administrative and related affairs.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- A minimum 12 years of relevant experience.
- UAE Nationals: A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
How To Apply
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Apply for Manager, Communication
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly