Principal Research Scientist
Organization Name Chemical Engineering Khalifa University
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology (KU) combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), the Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR) and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To develop novel catalysts with enhanced stability and lifetime for fluid catalytic cracking, material characterization, and catalytic performance evaluation under realistic refinery conditions. This project involves close interaction with the industry.
- Produce high quality research, thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Develop new research opportunities and manage research activities.
- Supervise students and other researchers in their research activities.
- Plan and perform experiments to prepare novel catalysts with enhanced stability and lifetime for fluid catalytic cracking.
- Characterize the synthesized materials using SEM, TEM, XRD, etc.. and evaluate the catalytic performance of the materials.
- Initiate, define and manage research projects or programs (both internal to KU and/or with collaborative partners) to ensure alignment and underpinning of KU’s strategic objectives.
- Provide line management, mentoring or guidance of researchers, technicians or students (as required).
- Build strong relationships with key people in the lines of business of KU’s partners and work with others as necessary inside KU to deliver value from research.
- Contribute to KU’s world-class standing in research and innovation through scholarly publication, disclosure and support for the filing of intellectual property based on research results and other appropriate communication, including internal reports or presentations and external presentations to partners and peers.
- Integrate leading edge science and/or technology across disciplines.
- Develop and/or support the development of a strategy for his/her line manager to achieve research excellence in his/her field.
- Propose and pursue new research funding opportunities.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
- Supervise graduate students working on the project, and support the operation of the lab through safety monitoring, procurement, etc..
- Provide coaching, guidance and mentoring as required to enhance the internal capabilities of the designated team and ensure the achievement of established objectives and plans.
- PhD Degree in Chemical Engineering or Materials Science.
- Min. (10+) years experience relevant to the position with proven research achievements/records or min. (5+) years’ experience as a Senior Research Scientist.
How To Apply
Please attach CV and Research Interest Statement.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).