Clinical Research Nurse 2
5 days left
- Full Time
Conducts clinical research on study and hospital subjects by providing nursing services to patients and families in compliance with Yale University, State and, Federal guidelines. Develops, designs, and implements procedures and quality assurance standards for research studies.
- Evaluates and assesses subject’s suitability for inclusion in studies; develops and modifies procedures according to study findings; recommends changes to the study protocol to coincide with study goals and objectives.
- Develops and implements procedures and data quality assurance standards for safety monitoring components of studies.
- Contributes to designing activities, policies and procedures to improve day to day efficiency of the recruitment and assessment components of the study and to ensure that staff members perform activities within established research protocol.
- Arranges patient enrollment, determines patient eligibility and obtains informed consent.
- Develops study subject referral sources; designs and develops outreach programs.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary researchers to coordinate research programs that integrate new advances in clinical trials.
- Delegates tasks and supervises the activities of other licensed and unlicensed care providers.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Nursing and four years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Organizational skills and ability to work independently.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Computer skills (email, word processing, databases, spreadsheet, presentations).
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Experience with clinical trials/pharmaceutical studies. Regulatory submission experience.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Precise and exacting in relation to data and/or sample collection.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Nursing and six years of related experience.
Required Licenses or Certifications
Licensure as Registered Nurse in the State of Connecticut or Connecticut license eligible.
Weekend Hours Required?
Evening Hours Required?
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus