2 days left
- Full Time
Organization Name Marketing and Communication
Khalifa University of Science and Technology
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has three campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus, Masdar City Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter two housing the internationally renowned Masdar and Institute and Petroleum Institute, respectively.
The Creative Writer is responsible for communicating Khalifa University’s messages and relevant information through internal and external communication platforms, including webpage content, emails, posters, advertisements, scripts and news articles in a way that is timely, accurate, and aligned with the University’s messaging, strategic goals and Style Guide.
- Create, edit and revise announcements, letters, posters, brochures, agendas, scripts, advertisements, job postings, and other ad-hoc content as necessary, to support the University events, activities, processes, and initiatives.
- Create and edit webpage content for the University’s News, general and laboratory websites that is relevant, engaging, and concise.
- Work with the Marketing Manager and other staff in planning, developing and maintaining KU website and other related websites if any.
- Oversee content on the University’s website, adds and improves overall content, and ensures the University’s website is optimized for ranking surveys.
- Analyse and assure all pages and content information is correct, user-friendly, and accessible.
- Undertake research, verifying the factual content of written work.
- Review and edit social media posts prepared by social media coordinator.
- Develop content and strategic narratives to improve and shape perceptions in ways that directly affect the University’s global rankings position.
- Serve as a gatekeeper to screen articles and press releases through a chain of reviewers, so that feedback from each reviewer is incorporated, approval achieved, and uploaded to website or sent to media
- Meet subject matter experts, department officials, and other relevant individuals to receive content briefs, and create and provide content for these briefs as and when required
- Understand the various audiences being targeted and develop written content in appropriate tones and forms
- Submit material for publication in the required and expected format;
- Maintain good working relationships with all departments to ensure cooperative and prompt approvals and the constant flow of requisite information
- Manage KUPulse, a newsletter that includes content distributed directly to the University’s global distribution with the intention to build academic reputations and impact scoring of global surveys.
- Regularly submit content by way of articles, developing story ideas, and placing content into global publications.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English or related field.
- A minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- A minimum of 2-3 year of relevant experience
How To Apply
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).
Apply for Creative Writer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly