Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
This is a full time, 8+ month, 40 hour/week position in chemical biology in the Ondrus lab at Caltech (https://www.ondruslab.org/). The successful applicant will contribute to a project focused on developmental metabolite signaling. 100% effort will be dedicated to lab work involving molecular biology, mammalian tissue culture, and protein analysis.
- Perform laboratory experiments involving protein gel electrophoresis and membrane transfer.
- Perform Western blotting, detection, and analysis using a chemiluminescence imager.
- Maintain immortalized mammalian cell lines.
- Perform standard mutagenesis and cloning reactions.
- Determine suitable controls and analysis for all experiments.
- Create reproducible standard protocols and troubleshoot as necessary.
- B.S. or M.S. degree.
- 3+ years experience in a bioscience research lab.
- Ability to keep accurate, organized records and maintain an electronic notebook.
- Ability to clearly organize and archive samples.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other members of the project.
- Ability to meet agreed upon deadlines, manage time effectively, and work efficiently.
- Ability to coordinate and participate in standard lab upkeep.
- Cover Letter
- Names of 2-3 references
*Please don’t hesitate to contact Prof. Ondrus with questions about the position or application process*