The Department of Biomedical Data Science (BDS) seeks an administrative associate to serve as the Front Desk and Facilities Administrator. This position will primarily serve as the Department’s first point of contact in the Medical School Office Building Suite responsible for triaging visitors and general internal requests, as well as processing purchasing and reimbursement transactions, scheduling conference rooms and events, maintaining office supplies, as well as other general administrative duties. In addition, this position will partner with the Department Director of Finance and Administration to manage the department’s space, emergency plan, property database, and other facilities related tasks. This position may provide primary administrative support to faculty members which may include the submission of sponsored research applications, travel planning, calendaring, buying and paying, and other general administrative duties. Excellent written skills are required, a cover letter is expected to accompany the resume.
This is a great opportunity for a passionate and talented individual to gain administrative experience at Stanford in a people-first high-performance driven department. We expect all our staff to continuously develop and enhance the services they provide, and as they succeed we provide opportunities for growth.
BDS was started in 2015 to create an integrated field of biomedical data science, to recruit emerging talent in the field, to provide outstanding training to postdoctoral scholars and graduate students working in this area, and to provide and cultivate an intellectual home for collaborative research. As a basic science department, BDS is devoted to the development of novel computational and statistical methods for acquiring, representing, storing, and analyzing biological and clinical data at all scales.
BDS is being built by coalescing Stanford experts in biostatics and bioinformatics into this new department, while simultaneously recruiting new members to the faculty. Biomedical Data Science is key to pursuing the School’s mission of Precision Health.
- Respond to inquiries, and determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.
- Perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating conferences, seminars, and events, including recommending vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors.
- Draft and/or generate routine communications; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations, course handouts, grant proposals, conference and seminar materials, complex reports, brochures, and displays.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations, as needed. Coordinate office moves.
- May serve as the point of contact for general maintenance, health and safety, and other facility concerns within the unit(s); report any incidents or potential safety problems to appropriate representatives. Track completion of required training.
- Maintain approved content on websites.
- May perform human resources transactional support, e.g. time cards, I9s, and/or faculty affairs support.
- May guide and train student and/or contingent workers including scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, and reviewing work for quality and timeliness.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- High school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
*- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4102
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: E
- Requisition ID: 86733