Job Profile Teaching - Technology Tutor
Contract Type Permanent
The role of the Technology Lecturer is to develop and deliver innovative and high-quality teaching and learning, programme and module curricula, and teaching and learning materials (at undergraduate and post-graduate levels), that reflect the current skills and capability requirements of our corporate employers.
BPP’s School of Technology has recently been formed to address the emerging skills gap created by the impact of new technology in business. With a strong track record and broad capabilities spanning apprenticeships, higher education, professional development and professional qualifications globally; we are well placed to expand our delivery into new markets through the development of new products and services.
Our primary objective is to design, develop and deliver high quality academic and vocational programmes to upskill and improve workforce capability.
We are recruiting for faculty to support the delivery and development of Technology Degree Apprenticeship programmes across the School. We are looking for highly motivated practitioners with significant experience in their discipline, excited to pass on their passion for their specialist area to students, apprentices, clients and peers and use their professional expertise to develop careers in Apprenticeships and Higher Education.
Faculty will undertake a variety of duties (per below) including, but not restricted to, module leadership, curriculum and content design, assessment development and marking, personal tuition, project supervision and coaching, student cohort and group management, as well as teaching and training activities (face to face or online via the Adobe Connect platform). The role will include some evening teaching (sessions usually 6pm – 8pm) which could be delivered either face to face or online, dependent upon the programme.
Faculty may also be required to support business development, undertake thought leadership activities, and/or learner recruitment and client engagement activities, such as attending client briefings and/or recruitment events.
- Maintain a deep, relevant understanding of the current skills and capability requirements of corporate employers, including an appreciation of how technology is impacting the workplace, the professions and job roles in their specialisms.
- Develop and deliver high quality module teaching and learning materials including detailed schemes of work, module, session and webinar content, topic guidance and activity checklists.
- Develop relevant and appropriate assessments, work-based learning projects and professional development activities.
- Design relevant, appropriate marking guidance, achievement indicators; complete robust marking, evaluation and feedback processes.
Please refer to the job description for further details
Department School of Technology
Vacancy location UK, London, London Fitzwilliam House
- A Level 7 (Post-Graduate) or relevant Professional Qualification
- For those not currently holding either a teaching qualification or a Fellowship of the HEA membership, a commitment to achieving these through BPP's PGCLT or HEA scheme is essential.
- Extensive professional experience in relevant corporate roles
- An understanding of organisational capability requirements in your specialist area
- Leadership, training or staff development experience
- Experience of delivering presentations or public speaking
- Experience of negotiation with and managing different stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- The ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload
- The ability to work well in a team and be collaborative
- A commercial focus
- Digitally literate
Please note the successful candidate will be required to undergo a DBS check
- Relevant postgraduate degree
- Other industry related professional accreditations and/or certifications.
- Understanding of work-based learning
- Experience of coaching and/or mentoring
As you would expect from a leading education provider, BPP invests heavily in your career development. We provide a comprehensive in-house leadership and management training programme and a wide range of personal and professional development opportunities. Brilliantly, you can also study any of BPP's courses for free – be it a professional qualification or full degree – and your development will always be led by you, supported by your line manager and backed by the business.
Contract Hours 37.50
Full Job Description