Business Development Manager - KTP Associate
School of Business and Enterprise in Partnership with Consult Lift Services Ltd
Job Title: Business Development Manager - KTP Associate
Campus: Company Based
Req No: REQ000999
Salary Scale: Up to maximum of £33,500 per annum
Fixed Term: 30 months
- Are you a Business or Marketing graduate looking for a unique opportunity to deliver an exciting project?
- Would you like to work with a leading company and be supported by senior company management and by a team of academics at UWS?
- Are you looking for hands on experience whilst gaining further qualifications?
If so, we want to hear from you!
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious graduate to further develop their career by working on a 30-month Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) project between Consult Lifts Ltd (CLS) https://www.consultlifts.co.uk and the University of the West of Scotland.
This post offers the opportunity to
- Lead a challenging & innovative project with real business impact within a well-established, fast growing and developing business
- Experience the challenges associated with the transition of an established organically grown business of some 21 years standing.
- Champion change within an organisation & embed new knowledge
- Receive support from leading academics and senior company staff
- Develop commercially valuable skills & accelerate your career
- The potential for a career with Consult Lifts at the end of the scheme
The aim of this KTP is to embed leadership and management skills alongside modern business systems and processes; underpinning future business growth and sustainability through product and service innovation, enhanced management capability and effectiveness and improved business productivity.
This is a unique opportunity to join the CLS team and work directly with the CEO and senior management team. We seek an outstanding graduate with a relevant degree in business, management and / or finance and proven interest in business innovation, development and growth (particularly in SMEs) to help deliver this transformative project. In addition, the post holder will bring to the team excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a high-performance team, collaborating with colleagues and sharing expertise.
The post will be based at the company HQ in Paisley, working directly with the company founder and CEO, and may involve some general business travel.
What is KTP?
This scheme offers an invaluable opportunity for graduates to become a key contributor to innovative real-world company projects, giving you the chance to convert the skills and knowledge learned from your degree to practical application. You will gain vital experience and continue your development through support from on-site line managers and UWS academics, to achieve success in the wider commercial world.
We support you – We are the only Scottish University to have a dedicated KTP centre, meaning you are fully supported throughout your time with the company by UWS staff.
We are growing – In 2019, UWS were the top performing University in the UK by value of secured KTP projects.
You grow with us – Many of our KTP associates are offered permanent roles and continue to provide support to projects as part of a team and autonomously. We will also invest £5,000 in your development; this includes training in Chartered Management Institute (Level 5) and the opportunity to register for an MPhil or Ph.D.
What we are looking for
An ambitious graduate to lead a challenging and innovative project with real business impact. Someone with a track record of planning and organising work, as well as being proactive in championing change.
Questions about this vacancy? Contact James B Johnston (email@example.com)
To apply, visit http://www.uws.ac.uk/about-uws/jobs
Closing date: Wednesday 9th July 2020
Expected Interview Date: Late July Early August
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520