Director of Alumni Content and Value Delivery
3 days left
- Full Time
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The purpose of Advancement and Alumni Relations (AAR) is to foster a thriving and engaged community of connectedness and support for Caltech. By connecting the people who share and support Caltech’s mission and values, we will ensure the Institute receives the necessary resources to achieve Caltech’s aspirations and sustain its excellence in teaching, research, and scholarship in perpetuity. AAR team members embrace and uphold the values of diversity, integrity, respect, focus, and pride.
The Caltech Alumni Association celebrates the unique value and character of the Caltech experience and empowers the alumni community to thrive and connect with Caltech and each other. The Director of Alumni Content and Value Delivery is an entrepreneurial self-starter that supports the work of the Caltech Alumni Association (CAA) and helps the CAA and Caltech sustain and deepen lifelong relationships with alumni.
This position reports directly to the Assistant Vice President, Alumni Relations and the Executive Director of the Caltech Alumni Association. The Director develops strategy and leads all aspects of Alumni content creation and manages and works to strengthen the Association’s value proposition facing alumni. The Director’s work is executed in partnership with the AVP/ED. The Director serves as senior staff with the Director of Alumni Community Development and Strategic Partnerships and the Director of Alumni Relations and Experiences. Requiring exceptionally strong management, strategic management, marketing and communications skills, this position is responsible for fostering productive relationships with team members, colleagues, and campus partners.
- Leads efforts to develop, implement and monitor the CAA’s strategic marketing plan, in collaboration with the CAA, Board, and management, as well as all program management and evaluation efforts
- Seeks out and oversees content creation and acquisition, brand alignment, and marketing to include the operations of the CAA’s key programs which include existing branded and new signature marketing initiatives
- Recommends, implements, and determines research and marketing tools
- Measures return on investments and other outcomes
- Directs branded content and new marketing program initiatives, including marketing plan development, segmentation and messaging strategy, and vendor selection
- Performs market research to find ways to improve internal processes and provide analysis and recommendations to management
- As a member of the Alumni Relations/CAA management team, this position plays an integral role in the development strategic plan documents and key objectives
- Directs the implementation of the marketing plan for the revenue, alumni services, communications and aligned business partnerships
- Additionally, develops the operational plans to support the financial and strategic goals, analytics, forecasting outcomes, and developing contingency plans, as necessary, to meet alumni services, revenue, and communication goals
- As the organization’s creative and value delivery executive, this position is responsible for implementing brand standards to include all messaging, artwork, emails, websites, electronic and print communications, promotions, and alumni experiences
- Ensures the fulfillment processes for communication processes, including the selection of vendors and the promotion and evaluation of benefits for alumni
- Supervises alumni relations members. Hires, develops, evaluates, and manages the performance of staff, ensures staff is compliant with Caltech’s policies and procedures
- Participates in alumni relations experiences, regular board meetings, staff meetings, and represents the Alumni Association and institute across campus and in the alumni community
- Produces documents and reports, and other duties as assigned by the AVP
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience with seven or more years of direct experience in budgeting, forecasting, marketing, and branding
- Experience in higher education, in alumni relations and/or advancement
- Experience in brand strategy, marketing, sales, program evaluation, data analysis, strategic planning and business plan development
- Prior management/supervisory experience, with the ability to exercise leadership skills including diplomacy, confidentiality, and business acumen
- Database Experience, with proficiency using software such as Asana, Salesforce, EventBrite, MailChimp, Squarespace, Podio, Shopify, Advance, WebEx/Go to Meeting, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft applications, etc.
- Strong communicator with excellent written, verbal, and social media skills. Will have an eye on the current digital environment and an interest in or experience with social media marketing trends and digital strategy
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and diplomacy with a proven experience developing deep, lasting relationships with volunteers
- Ability to work well under pressure and lead multiple short and long-term projects simultaneously
- Ability to work productively in complex organizations and on a team with multiple ongoing projects with differing priorities
- Some travel, evening and weekend work required
- Demonstrate the ability to practice and adhere to organizational values
- An authentic curiosity about science and technology, a strong appreciation for the extraordinary intellectual accomplishments and challenges of Caltech students, alumni and faculty, and patience to learn the unique culture of Caltech
- Degree in marketing and branding, communication, advertising, public relations, art or photography