Research Fellow, Computer Vision
As a member of the Saab-NTU Joint Research Centre at School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, you will be part of a research team studying the use of Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) techniques for the development of Next-Generation Air Traffic Management (ATM) assistance tools for Remote Airport Tower Control. We invites applications for the position of Research Fellow.
- Conduct research and development related to Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning applied to Air Traffic Management (ATM)
- Develop algorithms, models, and tools for the automated detection and tracking of airport airside objects, and perform analytics for future ATM systems
- Provide support on the implementation and verification of AI-based Remote Tower Control assistance systems
- PhD. in Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related disciplines
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience
- Deep understanding of the theory of Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Image Processing and Computer Vision
- Experience in the deployment the state-of-the-art techniques including CNNs, Faster R-CNN, YOLOv3, RentinaNe, LSTM, GAN
- Experience in at least one Deep Learning framework such as Tensorflow, Keras, Pytorch and Programming Languages such as Python, Matlab, R and/or C/C++
- Demonstrated project experience related to Airport or Air Traffic Management will be an advantage
- Understanding of statistical methods and/or probability theory is a plus
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Independent and team player
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.