Assistant to Teach and Administratively Support Teaching Key Courses Ensured
Department: Department of Regional Economics and Administration – Faculty of Economics and Administration
Deadline: 7 Jul 2020
Start date: 01.08.2020
In accordance with Act No. 111/1998 Coll., Section 77, the Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Administration, Masaryk University, invites applications for the following position:
a part-time (12 hours a week) Assistant to teach and administratively support teaching key courses ensured by the Department of Regional Economics and Administration: Policies, Institutions and EU law and Regional Economy and Policy 1 and to do research in this area.
Would you like to share your experience with others? Do you enjoy coming up with new ideas and solutions? Are you interested in research? Do you welcome new challenges? If so, you are the person we are looking for. Become part of the Faculty of Economics and Administration of Masaryk University.
What does the position entail?
- Teaching key courses ensured by the Department of Regional Economics and Administration;
- supervising Bachelor’s theses;
- research activity, including participating in research projects and grants; and
- publishing activity.
What do we require?
- A completed Master´s economic Degree in Regional Development or in a related area;
- commenced studies in a doctoral study program in the area of Regional Economics or in a related economic area,
- publishing results in the area of Regional Economics, Innovations and related areas;
- the ability to lecture and publish in Czech and English;
- experience in administrating or participating in research projects is an advantage;
- teaching experience or knowledge of Spanish is an advantage;
- the ability to work in a team; and
- a research agenda relevant internationally, with at least active participation in international scientific conferences or in a specialized seminar held in English or participating in an international research project.
What do we offer?
- Interesting, autonomous, and responsible work in the environment of a prestigious university;
- a professional team and agreeable working environment;
- employment benefits (e.g., meal voucher contributions, 8 weeks of holiday, supplementary pension insurance contributions, vaccination contributions, free access to Masaryk University library services);
- opportunities for education and professional development; and
- opportunities for an internship abroad,
- a 3-year employment contract.
What to include in applications?
- A complete professional Curriculum Vitae;
- an overview of publishing activities and teaching activities;
- a list of research projects the candidate has participated in;
- proof of an internationally relevant research agenda;
- a cover letter including a vision for the candidate’s engagement at the Department of Regional Economics and Administration (approximately 1 A4 page); and
- a copy of a diploma or other relevant qualification.
Expected commencement of employment: 1. 8. 2020 or by agreement.
Should you find the position interesting, send your application including the documents required for the selection procedure by 7. 7. 2020 via e-application https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/55833 on Masaryk University website.
For more detailed information, contact JUDr. Pavla Zapletalová, phone number +420549497358, at the Human Resources department of the Faculty of Economics and Administration, MU.