Academic Researcher in the Field of Environmental Health Sciences
Dean of Faculty of Science, Masaryk University is opening academic positions of ACADEMIC RESEARCHER IN THE FIELD OF ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SCIENCES
Workplace: RECETOX, Brno, Czech Republic
Number of positions: 3
Deadline for application: 30.6.2020
Anticipated starting date: to be negotiated
Research profile: Established Researcher (R2-R3)
Eligible applicants are expected to have
The Ph.D. degree in the field of Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Biostatistics or similar;
- Research experience in the field of environmental/life sciences with emphasis on
- (a) development of analytical methods for non-target/suspect screening of endogenous and/or exogenous substances,
- (b) advanced methods for analysis of environmental and population data,
- (c) monitoring and modeling of environmental exposures;
- working in the international environment (secondments, international projects etc.)
- conducting research projects and mentoring/supervising students;
- data analysis and interpretation, communication, publication and presentation of scientific results.
Successful candidates should demonstrate
- Good communication skills (also in English);
- Creative thinking and experience with designing and planning experiments;
- Capacity for independent and systematic work and interdisciplinary collaboration;
- Willingness to supervise students and lead small teams;
- Critical thinking, experience with data evaluation, interpretation, and presentation.
- The international working environment;
- Excellent research infrastructure;
- Highly ambitious interdisciplinary projects;
- Opportunities for career development;
- Skilled administrative and project support staff;
- Competitive salary and target driven bonuses;
- 8 weeks of paid vacation per year, meal vouchers, etc.
Applications and selection procedure:
Applications should be submitted via electronic application (see the button below this job advertisement) including
- Cover letter describing the candidate's research interest and experience;
- Summary of publications and research outputs;
- Names and contact details of at least 2 reference points.
After submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email.
Received applications will be considered carefully in line with the principles of the EU Charter and Code for Researchers. Selection criteria: (i) meeting qualification requirements described above, (ii) delivering all required documents.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview.
Faculty of Science, Masaryk University is an equal opportunity employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Lenka Helclová, RECETOX, Kamenice 753/5, pav. A29, 625 00 Brno, email@example.com