Organization Name Civil Infrastructure and Environmental Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology (KU) combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), the Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR) and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University. Since the Research Scientist, experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Research Scientist tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- The Research Scientist will be studying the inherent and apparent optical properties of the Arabian Gulf water using in situ and satellite observations. The optical properties vary with the wavelength of the light, depth, and time.
- He will developing field campaigns and advice on protocols to ensure the high quality of data.
- These measurements can be utilized together with numerical models for finding the amount and type of materials, including living microorganisms, and sediments within the water.
- He will be processing large satellite data and will carry on physical and statistical analysis.
- Validating modelling software products in the Arabian Seas.
- Running modeling software on a Linux platform
- Writing technical MATLAB and Python scripts
- Writing journal papers
- PhD Degree in Marine Optics and Optical Remote Sensing
- Required Experience
- 5 + years of Research Experience
How To Apply
CV + Research Interest Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).