Post-doctoral Fellow,Civil Infrastructure and Environmental Engineering
2 days left
- Full Time
Organization Name Civil Infrastructure and Environmental Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology (KU) combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), the Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR) and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- The Post-Doctoral Fellow main responsibility will be to develop the radiative transfer model required to support the activities related to the ‘Physically-based atmospheric optical properties regionalization model’ (Task 2) and the ‘Assessment of aerosol impacts on DNI trends and future scenarios’ (Task 3).
- He/she will be required to develop the models/tools based on different observational sources, including (but not limited to) solar radiation observations, backscattering profile data (from LiDaR sensors) and atmospheric turbidity observations (i.e. Sun Photometer data).
- He/she is also expected to extend the Radiative transfer model to regional spatial scales, taking in account important factors like aridity, soil albedo characteristics and strength of land-atmosphere interactions, in collaboration with the remote-sensing component of the research team.
- Since the Postdoctoral, experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- To develop and validate a ‘dusty-dryland’ Radiative transfer model.
- To integrate observations from the different data sources/sensors of MIEMP, instrumental to the project.
- To extend his/her results to the regional spatial domain, accounting for aridity trends, dust transport and deposition, and strength of land atmosphere interactions.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- The Postdoc/Research scientist is expected to help advising MSc and PhD students involved in the project.
- PhD Degree in Atmospheric Sciences, Physics or Engineering (with proven experience in atmospheric optics and radiative transfer modeling).
- Solid background in Climate/Atmospheric Sciences (atmospheric dynamics and radiative transfer across the atmosphere). Experience in field measurements of solar radiation, atmospheric turbidity, and surface energy balance closure schemes. Proven experience in parameterizing land-atmosphere interactions in 1-D ABL models and radiative transfer discretization and modeling. Ability to interact and cooperate with a multi-disciplinary team. Willingness to work under field campaign conditions.
How To Apply
CV + Research Interest Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Apply for Post-doctoral Fellow,Civil Infrastructure and Environmental Engineering
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly