RIE Trainee, Research Engineer, Software Development
1 day left
- Full Time
In conjunction with Workforce Singapore, NTU offer traineeships to support the SGUnited Traineeships Programme. The Traineeships are part of NTU's efforts to create relevant and meaningful traineeship opportunities for our nation’s new graduates entering the workforce during this difficult time.
About the Department / School / Centre / Lab
The Centre for Information Sciences and Systems is a key research centre established within the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Nanyang Technological University to advance research and innovation in key technologies comprising Data, Image & Video Analytics, Advanced Sensing Technologies, Cyber & Network Security, Navigation & Positioning, and Communication & Network Systems.
It houses several key labs and research programmes to support Singapore vision to become a Smart Nation. These include the Smart Nation Lab, ROSE (Rapid-Rich Object Search) Lab, Connected Smart Mobility (COSMO) Lab which manages the IAF-PP: Next-Generation V2X Network Architecture and Ecosystem for Smart Mobility, Schaeffler Hub for Advanced REsearch (SHARE), and other topics like 5G communications and cybersecurity.
- Participate in data collection, data analysis and data backup
- Assist in software/hardware environment setup
- Assist in software/firmware development
- Assist in project management, documentation and outreach with partners
- Assist in field testing
- Assist in hardware environment setup for the Autonomous Robot Platform
- Bachelor’s degree or above major in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering/Science or related
Skill set (Software Development):
- Familiar with C programming language
- Hands-on experience (including school assignments/projects) of Object-oriented programming (OOP) using C++, esp. with STL or Boost library
- Experience in Linux application development and GNU tool chain is highly valued
- Familiar with TCP/IP protocol suite and message protocols such as MQTT or ZMQ will have added advantage
Skill Set (Autonomous Robot Platform):
- Basic understanding of Linux, C/C++
- Basic knowledge of Internet and networking
- Willing to learn
- Interest in future smart mobility