RIE Trainee, Research Officer, Photonic Device Designer and Characterization
In conjunction with Workforce Singapore, NTU offer traineeships to support the SGUnited Traineeships Programme. The Traineeships are part of NTU's efforts to create relevant and meaningful traineeship opportunities for our nation’s new graduates entering the workforce during this difficult time.
About the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
The School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (NTU EEE) began as one of the three founding schools of Nanyang Technological University, then known as Nanyang Technological Institute. The first intake of 194 students graduated successfully in 1985, marking the first batch of NTU EEE graduates.
NTU EEE works closely and consistently with diverse industry partners – local and multinational companies, start-ups and established names – to ensure that we are staying ahead of tomorrow’s demands.
- Design of basic silicon photonic devices using commercial design tools
- Tape-out silicon photonic devices and circuits independently (design silicon photonic devices for O-, C-, L- bands applications)
- Characterization of Silicon photonic devices and performance analysis
- Bachelor degree with electrical and electronic engineering
- Electronic background is advantageous
- Candidates who have physics background with strong interests on optoelectronics and photonics can also be considered