RIE Trainee, Research Assistant, Exercise Physiology Lab
3 days left
- Full Time
RIE Trainee, Research Assistant (Exercise Physiology Lab) [#SGUnitedTraineeships]
In conjunction with Workforce Singapore, NTU offer traineeships to support the SGUnited Traineeships Programme. The Traineeships are part of NTU's efforts to create relevant and meaningful traineeship opportunities for our nation’s new graduates entering the workforce during this difficult time.
About the Lab
The Exercise Physiology Laboratory conducts research to investigate the influence of habitual exercise on cardio-metabolic health and also on the promoters and inhibitors of physical work tolerance. The experiment trials are done mainly on humans and are conducted in ergometric laboratory, biochemistry laboratory and field environments.
- Support general laboratory administration e.g., procurement of equipment and expendable items according to administrative procedures in the lab.
- Support maintenance and upkeep of lab space and equipment.
- Support the execution of SOPs in experimental trials to ensure the safe and smooth operation of the lab.
- Assist in the execution of research trials, which involves, but not limited to, human subject recruitment, coordinating the operation of research trials among stakeholders, conducting tests and measurements on research participants, documentation of procedures and monitoring of research participants.
- Support data collection and entry, analyses and reporting, including developing graphs from data collected.
- Any other administrative and research-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Degree or equivalent in Biomedical/ Life/ Allied Health Science/ Exercise and Sports Science.
- Ability to multi-task between project and routine duties.
- Discipline and meticulous in operating standard procedures and measurements
- Good problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated and effective in managing work processes
- Strong team player.
- Good communication skills.
- Competent in Power point, MS word, and Excel.