Assistant Professor/Senior Lecturer (Senior Technical Instructor) - Physics
The beautiful and culturally progressive State of Qatar is home to the world-class post-secondary institution, College of the North Atlantic – Qatar (CNA-Q). Internationally recognized as a comprehensive technical college, CNA-Q is committed to high quality, student-centered education. This commitment is reflected through state-of-the-art facilities, accessible and responsive technology programs and strong partnerships with industry.
With more than 600 staff and 3,000 students, CNA-Q is one of Qatar’s largest post-secondary institutions offering over 26 diploma programs through student-centered learning. By providing training in a range of technical areas including Engineering Technology, Health Sciences, Industrial Trades, Business Studies and Information Technology, CNA-Q brings the State closer to the goals of Qatar National Vision 2030.
The School of General Education invites applications for positions in Physics.
Reporting to the Chair of Math/Science - SGE, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development, delivery and evaluation of a broad range of courses within the Physics programs. S/he will evaluate student progress and manage the resources of the learning environment. The successful candidate will liaise with industry and other educational institutions; participate in industry advisory committees and coordinate, manage and control projects within the specified program area. Faculty members will keep course portfolio documents required for accreditation processes and engage in instructional development/improvement plans. All employees are expected to contribute to professional and community life within the College and beyond.
Faculty members will be placed in the appropriate rank based on their education and experience for the role.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Physics.
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Education (e.g. Post-secondary Education, Adult Education or Vocational Education)
- Experience in leadership and innovation in technology based projects
- Strong written and spoken English
For Assistant Professor:
A PhD or an equivalent Terminal degree in Physics. A minimum of 5 years teaching experience in a post-secondary or adult training/College environment, along with 5 years of employment experience as a practitioner/professional within the discipline of Physics. Candidates should also be recognized in the following criteria:
- contribution to the advancement of knowledge through applied research, scholarship, publication, knowledge transfer or professional practice which would be expected to be international in its scope;
- contribution to the advancement of learning by the leadership of teaching and curriculum development;
- professional recognition and standing amongst peers;
- academic subject leadership or academic management
For Senior Lecturer (Senior Technical Instructor):
- A minimum of Master’s degree (or equivalent as designated and approved) in Physics from a recognized, accredited institution.
- A minimum of 5 years teaching experience in a post-secondary or College/adult training.
- A minimum of 5 years of employment experience as a practitioner/professional within the discipline of Physics.
- A minimum of five (5) years teaching in a post-secondary or adult training institution. Experience with:
- teaching students where English is not their first language
- working collaboratively with a team and meeting strict deadlines
- developing or re-designing curriculum and assessment tools for new and existing courses
- different delivery and assessment methods, including educational and interactive technologies
- and is detail orientated with good time management skills
- setting up and demonstrating labs
- maintaining, organizing current structure of instructional labs
Knowledge and Skills
Experience using Desire2Learn (D2L) or similar Learning Management System (LMS), ability to use computers and software to support classroom instruction (PeopleSoft, curriculum specific software, mobile devices, Interactive Whiteboards), e-mail, and Word processing.
How to Apply:
Applications should be submitted via our online application portal.
You must meet all essential qualifications in order to be appointed to the position. Other qualifications may be a deciding factor in choosing the person to be appointed. Some essential and other qualifications will be assessed through your application, which may include but is not limited to curricula vitae, cover letters, references, teaching dossiers, and sample publications. It is your responsibility to provide appropriate examples that illustrate how you meet each qualification. Failing to do so could result in your application being rejected. Applicants must apply online.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.