Research Fellow, Molecular Biology
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
A Research Fellow position is available in the laboratory of Prof Peter Preiser, School of Biological Sciences, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
The project will focus on the identification of critical molecules involved in host cell remodelling of the erythrocyte during the maturation of the malaria parasite. In particular the interactions of host cell – parasite proteins are to validated and assessed for functional importance using both biochemical as well as genetic tools.
- PhD in Biosciences with focus on cell / molecular biology
- At least 2 years prior experience in malaria parasite research is preferred
- Skilled in plasmid cloning, immunoprecipitation and cell fractionation are essential
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for collaborative working, to be self-motivated, well organised and focused
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.