Head, Multimedia Support Services
1 day left
- Full Time
- Manage the administration and delivery of multimedia services at all UAEU campuses. Services provided include general meeting and audio-visual support, video conferencing, telepresence, web conferencing, web casting, audio/video production and post-production. Coordinates the development and documentation of policies, procedures, training and end-user guides for all Multimedia Services functions.
- Responsible for the day to day set up, operation and oversight of audio visual equipment, to support internal and external users.
- Consult and collaborate with academic staff, technical staff and external users, as needed, so that a high level of audiovisual support is provided to users at all times.
- Supervises daily operations of the Multimedia Services department to ensure staffing/resource scheduling is adequate for planned events and problems are resolved in a timely and effective manner.
- In collaboration with the community relation department, to work on the delivery of large and high profile external and internal events where audiovisual equipment and support is needed.
- Coordinates the collection of event requirements and overseas operations and maintenance activities to ensure compatibility with client operations and schedules. Serves as a focal point to resolve technical problems that impact system performance, responsiveness and efficiency.
- Monitors projects for the purpose of ensuring work meets requested specifications, quality standards, and quantity requirements.
- Responsible for the updates, maintenance and installation of A/V equipment within all UAEU sites, including all audio/ video communication equipment such as: control systems, codecs, touch panels, cameras, display systems, mixers, microphones, digital sound processors, assisted hearing devices, large venue projectors, multi-projection rooms, matrix switchers, recording equipment and etc.
- Manages all enterprise Multimedia services staff within the United Arab Emirates University (UAEU).
- Develops and maintains monthly metrics for production services, including performance against SLAs, problem statistics and periodic customer satisfaction surveys. Escalates problems to the management that may cause missed SLAs.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. reports, budgets, estimates, memos, forms, specifications, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written support and/or conveying information.
- To provide advice, training and guidance to staff and students, as well as to external users in the effective use and operation of the facilities.
- Researches multimedia trends for the purpose of setting goals to meet future district needs.
- Researches specifications for the most appropriate and up-to-date equipment, supplies, and materials for the purpose of maintaining availability of required items and efficiently completing projects in accordance with UAEU standards and objectives.
- Serves as the liaison between UAEU staff and/or vendors in regard to UAEU A/V solutions for the purpose of resolving issues, making recommendations and/or purchasing new hardware / software.
- Manage a team involved in the maintenance of a central inventory of all audiovisual equipment.
- Maintain professional awareness of international trends in audiovisual services and in relevant new technology developments.
- Supervises assigned personnel for the purpose of maximizing the efficiency of the work force and meeting department and UAEU’s legal requirements and objectives.
- Individual will have significant exposure to the customers and industry partners alike and must project the professional image of the university, both internally and externally.
- Provide service updates and reports to senior management as required.
- Responsible to adhere with all information security policies and procedures of the University.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Communications, Multimedia or computer related field
- At least five years of progressive relevant experience.
- At least three to five years of supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience of working in a Higher Education environment will be preferred.
- Experience of management of a support team and the processes associated with it will be preferred.
- Working knowledge of all audio-visual fields: sound, lights, projection, technological devices, etc. Should also have the ability to recruit and train staff, the ability to work with departments that may use the audio-visual staff to assist with their events, and working knowledge of accounting and a strong understanding of marketing techniques.
- Expert skill in designing, installing, configuring, integrating, operating, maintaining and troubleshooting multimedia systems/collaboration technologies. (Video conferencing, web casting, web conferencing, presentation hardware and software).
- Advanced knowledge of Audio / Video principles and practices, multimedia systems integration, multimedia hardware and software troubleshooting techniques, services in large presentation settings and interactive smart classrooms.
- Extensive experience with laptop and desktop computers, including Windows and Macintosh operating systems and their multimedia components including video and audio cards, speakers and microphones and multimedia client software.
- Exemplify and promote Extreme Customer Service to clients and co-workers.
- Innovative thinking with both a strategic and a tactical orientation, strong planning skills and attention to detail
- Creating multimedia designs in liaison with animators, programmers, writers, video producers, sound engineers and artists.
- The candidate should possess a high energy level, which allows them to react to situations quickly and decisively, possessing self-confidence.
- Flexibility and adaptability and an ability to cope with a busy workload.
- Committed to self-development. Continually improves knowledge, skills and behaviors making sure to transfer any relevant knowledge/skills gained to the rest of the team
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills including report writing.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Thorough understanding of the implications of supporting a mission‐critical environment on a 24/7 basis.
Division Information Technology Division-CIO
Department IT Support Service Section
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Staff
Salary 11000 to 23000 AED