Instructional Designer, Unit for Distance Education
3 days left
- Full Time
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
UNIT FOR DISTANCE EDUCATION
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 8
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Instructional design and development of educational material for interactive multimedia products and e-learning environments;
- Providing consultations and advice regarding electronic education and instructional design;
- Managing change with regards to the implementation of e-learning in a distance education model;
- Providing advice regarding electronic education and instructional design;
- Providing training and support to staff and students in the use of electronic learning environments;
- Identifying training and instructional needs of lecturers in the preparation for implementing electronic education;
- Co-ordinating and participating in projects with a multi-disciplinary approach;
- Managing assigned projects.
- A Master’s degree in Computer-Integrated Education / Multimedia Design or relevant field of study or applicable postgraduate degree or equivalent qualification with three years’ relevant working experience; OR
- An Honour’s degree in Computer-Integrated Education / Multimedia Design or relevant field of study applicable postgraduate degree or equivalent qualification with four years’ relevant working experience;
- At least three years’ experience which includes:
- The design and development of multimedia and web-based/-supported products;
- The design and development of learning material in a learning management system, e.g. Blackboard, Moodle or SAKAI;
- Educational/teaching/training experience and facilitation skills;
- Participation in projects with a multi-disciplinary approach;
- Knowledge and experience in the application of instructional design principles in a higher education environment;
- Knowledge and experience in the application of educational principles and learning theories;
- Instructional design experience in at least one instructional authoring software and development of web-, mobile- or multimedia products;
- Participation in projects with a multidisciplinary team approach;
- High level of computer literacy.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Knowledge with regards to the innovative design and establishment of quality teaching/learning environments for successful e-learning;
- Knowledge of the academic and administrative functions for successful e-learning;
- Knowledge of electronic delivery systems and the application possibilities of the information technology;
- Knowledge and application of quality assurance principles in multiple and multifaceted projects;
- Knowledge of trends and innovations in electronic learning;
- The ability to conceptualize;
- The ability to identify training and instructional needs of lecturers in the preparation for implementing electronic education;
- High level of computer literacy;
- Appropriate language and communication skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
Qualifications or knowledge and experience in the following would serve as recommendations:
- Distance education, online distance education and mobile learning;
- Knowledge of learning theories and instructional design principles;
- Development of e-learning materials;
- Educational/teaching experience;
- Interpretation of Learning Analytics data reports in order to enhance course design or improve effective assessment;
- Knowledge of visual representation of data;
- Knowledge with regard to design for educational mobile applications;
- Knowledge of fully online and distance education;
- Knowledge and experience with the implementation of open education resources;
- Knowledge of applicable research methodologies in e- or hybrid- or blended learning;
- Project management;
- Quality assurance processes and procedures.
The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Ms Siza Zitha, Tel: (012) 420 5985 for application-related enquiries, and Dr M Ooko, Tel: (012) 420 5700 for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 May 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.