Colon and Rectal Surgeon
The University of Chicago: Biological Sciences Division: Department of Surgery
Location: Chicago, IL
The University of Chicago's Department of Surgery, Section of Colon & Rectal Surgery, is searching for a full-time faculty member at any rank. The appointee will enhance the Colon & Rectal surgery service and bring depth to the section. Responsibilities will include patient care, education of residents and medical students, and research in the colorectal field. We are looking for a Colon & Rectal fellowship-trained individual for complicated colon & rectal cancers, complex inflammatory bowel disease, and complicated and benign anorectal disorders and pelvic floor disorders. Other duties will include teaching and supervision of trainees and students, and scholarly activity. We especially welcome applicants with demonstrated training and experience in outcomes research and clinical trials, and will include protected time for these endeavors, as well as the ability to begin employment in August 2020. Academic rank and compensation (including a generous package of fringe benefits) are dependent upon qualifications.
Prior to the start of employment, qualified applicants must:
- have a medical doctorate or equivalent,
- hold or be eligible for medical licensure in the State of Illinois,
- be Board certified or eligible in General Surgery & Colon and Rectal Surgery (or equivalent), and
- have completed an accredited fellowship or equivalent in Colon and Rectal Surgery and be experienced in laparoscopic approaches.
To be considered, those interested must apply through The University of Chicago’s Academic Recruitment job board, which uses Interfolio to accept applications: http://apply.interfolio.com/71139. Applicants must upload: CV including bibliography, cover letter. Review of applications ends when the position is filled.
For instructions on the Interfolio application process, please visit http://tiny.cc/InterfolioHelp .
More searches like this
- Medicine & Dentistry Academic Posts jobs in Chicago
- Medicine & Dentistry Professors / Chairs jobs in Chicago
- Medicine & Dentistry Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Chicago
- Medicine & Dentistry Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Chicago
- Medicine & Dentistry Tutors jobs in Chicago