Clinician Scientist/Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Surgeon
The University of Chicago: Biological Sciences Division: Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation Medicine
Location: Chicago, IL
The University of Chicago's Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation Medicine is searching for a full-time faculty member at any rank. The appointee will be a Clinician Scientist /Orthopaedic Surgeon specialized in arthroplasty, and will be responsible for building an infrastructure for data collection, devising methods for collecting information, and interfacing with other resources on campus in these goals. Research will focus on the clinical effectiveness of orthopaedic care. Other duties will include teaching and supervision of trainees and students. We especially welcome applicants with histories of funded research. Academic rank and compensation (including a generous package of fringe benefits) are dependent upon qualifications.
Prior to the start of employment, qualified applicants must:
- have a medical doctorate or equivalent,
- hold or be eligible for medical licensure in the State of Illinois,
- be board certified or eligible in Orthopaedic Surgery,
- have completed an ACGME-approved orthopaedic surgery residency or its equivalent,
- have completed an ACGME-approved fellowship or its equivalent in an area directly relevant to the specialization, and
- have completed a graduate program (Masters or doctoral preferred) in a field related to epidemiologic and clinical effectiveness research.
To be considered, those interested must apply through The University of Chicago’s Academic Recruitment job board, which uses Interfolio to accept applications: http://apply.interfolio.com/72176. Applicants must upload: CV including bibliography, cover letter. Review of applications ends when the position is filled.
For instructions on the Interfolio application process, please visit http://tiny.cc/InterfolioHelp