Oncology OnCore Application Specialist, OnCore and Reporting Group Lead
The Cancer Clinical Trials Office (CCTO) is an integral component of the Stanford Cancer Institute since it enables the objective of our cancer center, to translate research from the laboratory into the clinical setting. The OnCore Specialist will be a Cancer Clinical Trials Office's expert on the oncology clinical research database application called OnCore Enterprise used throughout the Cancer Institute and School of Medicine to manage prospective clinical research studies.
Stanford University is seeking an OnCore Application Specialist to capture and map business requirements, and work with business partners to understand directions and priorities to assure the delivery of information technology solutions. This position will focus on support for oncological clinical research, supporting the production system and ongoing maintenance, while maintaining close collaborations internal to Stanford with Spectrum and IRT, and working with the vendor as needed. The OnCore Specialist will be part of a team responsible for the collection and quality assurance of NCI required data from Principal Investigators and research staff, develop and deploy Stanford user-oriented documentation and training sessions, provide ongoing support to users throughout the Cancer Institute and School of Medicine, perform protocol and subject data entry into OnCore, collaborate on, implement and roll-out new OnCore features and functionality, develop and follow set standards for how data is entered into the OnCore database, develop study calendars and electronic Case Report Forms (eCRFs) in OnCore based upon protocol specifications for Investigator-initiated trials, analyze clinical data from the eCRFs and generate tables for use in presentations publications and posters, and prepare customized reports about Stanford clinical trials and their accrual for the NCI, Cancer Center Administration, and Principal Investigators. They will continue to learn the system and expand their knowledge as new functionality is introduced.
- Diagnose and resolve end-user problems; respond to escalated issues from clients and other support teams; perform triage, provide remote problem resolution when possible, refer problems to associated groups.
- Analyze and document user needs, existing and new policies, processes, procedures and operational methods to consider possible improvements to new and existing systems.
- Utilize elicitation techniques to understand business processes and translate into system requirements and/or development of systems solutions.
- Define and document business requirements and test cases for system developments. May include the writing of all or a portion of functional specifications.
- Coordinate with business and technology teams, ascertaining system requirements, such as program functions, output requirements, input data acquisition, and system techniques and controls.
- Perform testing of new systems, upgrades and patching of existing systems; may include developing test plans. Conduct and document results of testing.
- Develop instructional materials, training and job aids.
- Develop data collection tools for clinical research studies. Develop and document data collection standards.
- Provide supervision and workload prioritization to OnCore & Reporting team.
- Coordinate the implementation of new or modified business systems.
- Prepare customized reports about Stanford clinical trials and their accrual for the NCI, Cancer Center Administration, and Principal Investigators
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Working knowledge of clinical trial design, FDA regulations, IRB process and requirements and good clinical practice.
- Experience working with the OnCore system from Forte Research Systems desired.
- Experience with SQL development tools (such as SQL Developer); experience with report writing tools (such as iReport, JasperReports) is desirable.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and three years relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Knowledge of computer system capabilities, business processes and work flow.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Experience with enterprise applications and understanding of database driven applications.
- Skill in conducting interviews.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources by communicating effectively with individuals of varying systems expertise and business needs.
- Listening, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to maintain good customer relations with clients and external vendors and partners.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Work extended hours.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Job Code: 4771
Employee Status: Regular
Requisition ID: 84759