Unified Communications Project Coordinator
This is a two year fix term position.
The Unified Communications Project Coordinator has significant responsibilities for administrative, tracking or operational services, functions or projects. Typical duties include developing and administering project plans, tracking plans and deliverables, policies and procedures, performing analyses or acting as a subject matter expert for the function or project.
- Coordinate, track, and communicate project activities related to the delivery of AV solutions to campus. ▪ Must be able to work and coordinate with third party vendors, including low voltage, wiring and construction staff to deliver final solutions. ▪ Lead the planning and operations for programs or functions that have significant business, regulatory and/or technical challenges requiring subject matter expertise. ▪ Evaluate programs or functions, policies and procedures. Identify issues, and develop alternative solutions which may include changes to programs, policies and procedures. ▪ Review and analyze trends to advise and develop recommendations to achieve or modify the goals of the program or function. ▪ Represent the program or function within the department, unit or school. Commit resources and provide information and/or training. Represent the program or function at the university level and/or to external/internal stakeholders and constituencies. ▪ Manage and contribute to the development of outreach strategy that may include relationship development, communications and compliance. ▪ May develop and/or oversee budgets; manage finances including monitoring, analyzing, forecasting, and reporting. ▪ Assess training needs and may develop associated training. ▪ May direct and/or supervise staff.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and eight years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have an familiarity and past experience tracking project activities for Unified Communications Technology, including networking and AV
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with minimum direction.
- Ability to establish effective, ongoing relationships with clients, staff and management.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and work under pressure in high stress situations.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Work extended hours.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stanford welcomes applications from all who would bring additional dimensions to the University’s research, teaching and clinical missions.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4122
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: J
- Requisition ID: 85188